Saturday, November 18, 2006

Introduction for International Visitors


Hello all. I've just realized this blog is also having visitors from other countries. Good internet! So I decided to give a brief introduction about myself.

After having spent last couple of years being active in my main profession-I am a pianist and a piano teacher, I decided to start painting again. It's hard though, after being so many years out of practice. So I am hoping this "a-painting-a-day" challenge will warm me up somehow. Last week I rented a tiny room and now I am trying to turn it into a cosy studio. If everything goes fine, I will post my first new painting on Monday, Nov. 20th. You can also find some of my older paintings in http://photos.yahoo.com/yapincakokyar (or just click the "Yapincak's Portfolio" link in the sidebar)

Please join me in this journey and feel free to post comments and to email me any time.
PS: This painting is a studio study I did back in 1998 at Arts Students' League, New York.
(Update: As I had planned back then, everything went well and I've posted almost 50 paintings until now. In the first months I was proud of not skipping a day without a painting but lately due to "my wonderful excuse"-pls check the post of feb 2nd-I'm running a bit slow. Rather than painting daily on a regular basis, maybe it will be better for me to work on longer paintings for some time. We'll see. Thanks a lot for visiting and for the comments left to this blog. I really appreciate that. Update on March 17th, 2007)

No comments: